April 8 Meeting Agenda

Camrose Pride Community
April 8, 2019 Meeting Agenda
6-8 pm
Camrose Public Library in the Bunker

  1. Introductions
  2. Leadership Team Positions open:
    • Need Position descriptions so we can advertise to the community what/who we are looking for
      • Secretary – position description?
      • Treasurer – position description?
        • Bank Account – Margaret H. is willing to continue being the banker for CPC through CDSS for the current time and work with a new Treasurer – would be best for CPC to open its own bank account before end of 2019
    • Any other positions that are needed for when CPC gets its Society designation? Leadership Team will become the Volunteer Board of Directors
      • Nikki, as a paid employee of the altView Foundation is to support the Leadership Team/Board, but cannot be actually on said Team/Board
  3. Banker, Margaret H. away from May 27 to July 7th, which puts the funds for the BBQ and any preparing for the parade float during that time, out of reach. How will we navigate this?
    • Nikki, in her altView role, is willing to keep a CPC petty cash during this time, if that is something the Leadership Team feels is the right way forward
    • Any other ideas?
  4. Financial Report – Margaret H.
  5. Update on Society status – Gus
    • Have we heard anything? Should we contact them?
  6. Storage for CPC items
    • Where are CPC items located now?
      • Event items are where – parade float, BBQ, table-top display, etc.?
      • Nikki has possession of binders, flash drive with files from Carol, package of printing paper
      • Do we need to plan for a permanent storage solution for parade float items, BBQ items, etc.?
  7. Upcoming events and plans
    • BBQ in June
      • BBQ Date suggested by Nikki (heading Planning Committee) – June 15th (Saturday); This is the weekend after Edmonton Pride week, so flows well, and won’t be in competition with their events for our members who want to attend
      • Is there a favoured location to host the BBQ this year?
      • Need members to join the Planning Committee
      • Do we have a budget for this? Last year’s BBQ cost $556
    • Big Valley Jamboree Parade in August –  
      • Planning committee headed by Amielle – any news?
      • Do we have a budget for this? Do we know what we spent last year?
  8. Discussion of Symposium – Melissa W. – What went well, what lessons and feedback
  9. Discussion of All Ages and Stages Dance and Cabaret – what went well, lessons learned, feedback – what should we do differently for future fundraisers?
  10. Upcoming Regular Meetings:
    • espressOUT on April 29th, 5:30-7:00 p.m. Where should we hold espressOUT in April? The Forum? Off campus in a coffee shop? Where?
    • Friends and Family Meeting at the Camrose Public Library in the Bunker on the first Monday of the month (May 6) 6-8 p.m.
    • Regular Meeting for Planning and Connection at the Camrose Public Library in the Bunker on the second Monday of the month (May 13) 6-8 p.m
      • *Nikki will assist the Leadership Team with the creation of an agenda for this meeting, but cannot attend – Amielle can you take notes again?
  11. Sharing Circle

March 11, 2019 Meeting 6-8 p.m.

Everyone is invited to the meeting at Camrose Public Library 6-8 pm. We hope to see you!

Here’s the agenda:

1. Introductions

2. Discussion with Camrose Police Services to help them with their strategic planning
i. Camrose Police Service representatives and City of Camrose Strategic planners will be in attendance to ask for our honest feedback on what they are doing well and how they can improve in the future. They are asking for honest and open conversation about this.
ii. They will be asking 2 questions:

1. What aspects of public safety and policing are going well in Camrose?
2. What areas of concern could be improved and/or use increased attention from police and the community?

iii. If you cannot attend the meeting, or if you prefer you may submit your responses to police@camrose.ca prior to March 11. If you wish to submit them anonymously, you may email camrosepridecommunity@gmail.com and we will not reveal your identity when we share your comments at the meeting.

3. Potential Collaboration with Walkable Camrose-Janet Roy

4. Potential Collaboration with Camrose Arts Society for various upcoming events-Jane Cherry-Lemire

5. Upcoming events and plans

a. March 23: Fostering Allyship for a More Inclusive Future Symposium at Augustana-Preregister by emailing augustanaaqua@gmail.com; $10 registration includes lunch (registering prior to March 19 would really help the organizers in planning the food!)
b. March 23 All Ages and Stages Dance and Cabaret at Retro 7-10 p.m. (all ages) and 10-? (adults only) Tickets can be purchased in advance at Retro and Quantum Comics and at the door. Space is limited.
c. BBQ in June? Planning committee?
d. Big Valley Jamboree Parade in August? Planning committee?

6. Discussion of successes of Pride Week, lessons learned and feedback

7. espressOUT on March 25 5:30-7:00 p.m. Where should we hold espressOUT in March? The Forum? Off campus in a coffee shop? Where?

8. Sharing

Check out the Queer Like Me Art Show at Camrose Public Library and the Re-imaging Normal Show below!

January 14, 2019 Meeting Agenda

January 14, 2019 6-8 pm at House of Hair Design

Agenda

Sharing and Connection

  1. Discussion of past events
  • Pizza and a Movie Night on December 10

2. Planning for upcoming events

  • EspressOUT on January 28 at Fika Coffeehouse (4803-48 street)
  • Friends and Family Support Group meeting on Feb. 4 6-8 pm. at Camrose Public Library in the Bunker
  • Queer Like Me Youth Art Project in January and Art Show in February
    • Volunteers needed for planning of Art Show opening
  • Fundraising opportunity with the Nordlys Film Festival February 15-17
    • Scheduling of volunteers for the coat check

3. Pride Week February 24 to March 2

Collaboration with AQUA

    • Lineup of events
    • Volunteers needed
  • Request to City Council to fly the Pride Flag (update)
  • Camrose Queer Symposium in collaboration with AQUA at Augustana on March 23
    • Information
    • Volunteer opportunities
  • Family Dance on March 23 at Retro
    • Volunteers needed to help with planning
  • Possible Augustana CSL student projects

4. Opportunities to be part of the Camrose Pride Community Leadership Team

5. Other ideas?

6. Next regular meeting: January 28 meeting for Conversation and Connection at Fika Coffeehouse 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.

 

November 19, 2018 Meeting Agenda

November 19, 2018 6-8 pm at House of Hair Design

Draft Agenda

If anyone has other items to be added to the agenda, contact the leadership team at Camrosepridecommunity@gmail.com.

1. Sharing and Connection

2. Discussion of past events

  • Hay Lakes QSA event
  • Pride Kodiaks Hockey Game on October 19
  • espressOUT in October

3. Planning for upcoming events

  • EspressOUT on November 26
  • Friends and Family Support Group meeting on Dec. 3 6-8 pm. at Camrose Public Library in the Bunker
  • December 10 Pizza and a Movie
  • Fundraising opportunity with the Nordlys Film Festival
  • Queer Like Me Youth Art Project in January
  • Possible Augustana CSL student projects
  • Pride Week February 24-March 2: Collaboration with AQUA
  • Formation of a Pride Week planning committee
  • Family Dance (perhaps on March 23)
  • Report from AQUA leadership rep on other upcoming events in the works

4. Opportunities to be part of the Camrose Pride Community Leadership Team

5. Other items or ideas?

 

September 10, 2018 6-8 p.m. Meeting at House of Hair Design

  1. Connecting and Sharing – 8 in attendance, Gus chaired
  2. Report on past events
  • espressOUT at Fox & Fable Book and Game Café in August

Attendance was great, lots of conversation and the games made it easier for people to participate.

  • Fall Bank$ Ball

Very well attended, 160 people. Lots of fun

  • Moving our meetings and espressOUT to the second and fourth Mondays of the month
    • Work out dates on long weekends coming up in October and November
    • We will move our Oct. and Nov. meetings to Tuesday, Oct. 9 and  Tuesday, November 13.
  1. Planning for upcoming events
  • Support for the QSA event in Hay Lakes on October 4
  • reminder of this event, 6:30 pm, bring baking
  • Family Dance on October 26 for Halloween

A suggestion was made to approach the Bailey about partnering for this event. Gus will call Simon.

Otherwise we will look at a Potluck and Family Dance on Nov. 23 or 24th.

  • Grant applications: Camrose Police Association Grant
    • Queer Like Me Youth Art Project

A copy of the application was shared for information. Mike shared that altView has developed a similar program in Strathcona County with the Boys and Girls Club. It is also art based but without the therapy component. This could be information we share to support our application.

  • Future espressOUT meetings
    • Conversation on how to respond to bigoted comments and attitudes with resource person from ISMSS

It was felt that this could be very useful at our October ExpressOUT. We would need to secure a venue as the Forum would not necessarily be suitable.

  • Holiday Potluck on December 10

A location will need to be determined for this event

  • Initiatives with Kodiaks and Vikings

There was considerable excitement about fundraising opportunities at  a game. Discussion was also held about seeing if a game could be scheduled around Augustana Pride Week. Amielle will help with this piece.

  • Fundraising ideas
  • Other ideas/information shared

Mike shared some concerning information that one of the branches of the Lutheran Church in Alberta is indirectly encouraging conversion therapy. This is being shared through their upcoming conference booklet and to their private school network. Jen will research potential impacts to be aware of especially in the county.

The question was raised about GSA activity in the county and how we can be supporting that. This may be an area where Cathie can help as a parent.

Who are we not advocating for/supporting that we could be? was another topic of conversation. We have Mike, Sophie and Jen to act as resources.

Mike is going to obtain Safer Space stickers from the University that we can offer to businesses to place in their window.

It is also possible to provide Safer Space Training to City Council through altView.

  • Next meeting: espressOUT in the Augustana Forum on Monday,
    September 24, 5:30-7:00 pm

July 3 Meeting Agenda

Note date change to Tuesday, July 3!

6:00-8:00 pm at House of Hair Design

4830-48 Street, Camrose, Alberta

1. Connecting and Sharing

2. Report on past events

  • espressOUT in June at Fox & Fable Book and Game Cafe
  • Arts and Recreation in the Park on June 23
  • BBQ on June 24

3. Planning for upcoming events

  • Read with Royalty at Camrose Public Library
  • Big Valley Jamboree Parade Entry and BBQ on August 2
  • August meeting?
  • Community Registration Night
  • Bank$ Fall Ball
  • Collaborative Community events
  • Family Dance
  • Educational initiatives
  • Grant applications
  • Fundraisers
  • Future espressOUT meetings

4. Other ideas?

5. Next meeting

  • espressOUT at Rebel Ink on Monday, July 16 5:30-7:00 pm

 

June 4, 2018 Meeting Agenda

Meeting at 6:00 p.m. at 4830-48 Street (House of Hair Design)

Everyone is welcome to attend!

  1. Connecting and Sharing
  2. Presentation of Bylaws in preparation for Not for Profit Status Application
  3. Planning for upcoming events
    1. Special event on September 7, 2018 in collaboration with Rebel Ink
    2. Community BBQ on June 24, 2018 at House of Hair Design 1-4 p.m.
    3. Big Valley Jamboree Parade on August 2, 2018
    4. Community Registration Night on September 6
    5. Locations for espressOUT throughout the summer and in the fall
    6. Events for September to December
    7. Ideas for grant application funding from Camrose Police Association
  1. Announcements: information of interest to the group

Blanket Exercise with Roy and Judy Louis on September 28 @ 10:30 a.m. and 1:00 @ Camrose Public Library. This is Orange Shirt Day!

  1. Upcoming meetings
  • espressOUT on June 18 at Fox and Fable Book and Game Café (5:30-7:00 p.m.)
  • July 2 Regular monthly meeting at House of Hair Design (6-8 p.m.)
  • July 16 espressOUT-location? (5:30-7:00 p.m.)
  • August 6 Regular monthly meeting at House of Hair Design (6-8 p.m.)
  • August 20 espressOUT-location? (5:30-7:00 p.m.)

May 7, 2018 Meeting Agenda

Meeting at 6:00 p.m at 4830-48 Street (House of Hair Design)

Everyone is welcome to attend!

  1. Connecting and Sharing
  2. Discussion about practices regarding privacy and photography
  3. Planning for upcoming events
    1. Community BBQ on June 24, 2018 at House of Hair Design 
    2. Big Valley Jamboree Parade on August 2, 2018
    3. Community Registration Night on September 6
    4. Locations for espressOUT throughout the summer and in the fall
    5. Events for September to December
    6. Discuss invitations to participate in Taber Pride Festival on June 2 and Camrose Arts & Recreation in the Park on June 23

3. Planning for Becoming a Not for Profit Organization

4. Collaboration with Augustana

5. Announcements: information of interest to the group

    1. Chevi Rabbitt speaking at Camrose United Church on Tuesday, May 22 @ 7:00 p.m.
    2. Blanket Exercise with Roy and Judy Louis on June 5 @ 10:30 a.m. @ Camrose Public Library

6. Upcoming meetings

1. espressOUT on May 21

2. June 4 regular monthly meeting

3. Family and Friends meeting?

April 9, 2018 Meeting Agenda

  1. Connecting and Sharing
  2. Discussion about regular meeting location
  3. Discussion about espressOUT meeting locations for the spring and summer months
  4. Discussion about recruiting new members
  5. Planning for Upcoming Events
    • Blast off to Summer BBQ – June 24?
    • Big Valley Jamboree Parade- August 2
    • Participation in other parades?
  6. Brainstorming for future events