July 3, 2018 Meeting Notes

6:00-8:00 pm at House of Hair Design

4830-48 Street, Camrose, Alberta

6 people were in attendance. Gus chaired the meeting.

Action items are in bold.

  1. Connecting and Sharing
  2. Report on past events
  • espressOUT in June at Fox & Fable Book and Game Café: great venue for espressOUT; Suggestion: next time try playing some games that include the whole group as a means of getting to know one another better.

 

 

  • BBQ on June 24: 90 people attended the BBQ; good time of mingling and visiting; thanks to our wonderful supporters:
    • Rebecca Bridger (and Louis) of Whisk & Ladle Bake shop for grilling up our burgers and donating so much delicious food
    • Hauser Home Hardware for the use their grill
    • Camrose Directory for the donations of water bottles
    • Prairie Rose Bottled Water for the bags of ice
    • Camrose Public Library for attending with the Book Bike, Life Cycle and giant game and reading stories to the kids
    • Generous donations of cash from people who attended; Thank you!
  1. Planning for upcoming events
  • Read with Royalty at Camrose Public Library on July 27 1:00-3:00 pm
    • We are excited to be supporting this event with Camrose Public Library taking the lead
    • Zach aka Robyn Bank$ will be reading stories and giving a mini-drag workshop for all ages
    • Camrose Public Library is also hoping to have a King read at the event.
    • Action item: donations of clothing are needed for all ages and sizes for the dress up portion of the workshop
  • Big Valley Jamboree Parade Entry (morning) and BBQ on August 2 (evening)

Action items:

    • Preparation for our parade entry on Wednesday, August 1 at 6:00 at House of Hair Design
    • Work bee to wash, polish and decorate the beautiful convertible that Tish is lending us for the parade
    • Bring along snacks to share to sustain us during our work bee
    • We invite everyone to walk with us in the parade and show your support for creating a caring, inclusive community. Meet at the road by Public Works by 9:30 a.m. on Thursday, August 2 if you want to walk with us in the parade (look for the teal classic convertible with rainbow decorations!); wear bright rainbow colours and comfortable walking shoes; rain or shine we will be there!
    • Thursday, August 2 Celebration BBQ at 6:30 p.m. at Gus’s house; contact us for the address
  • August meeting? Should we meet? Action item: It was decided by the group that there will be no regular meetings on August 6 and September 3; we will meet on July 16 and August 20 for espressOUT with a short information session as part of these meetings.

 

  • Community Registration Night: September 6 We will have a display at this event and Jen will be coordinating this.

 

  • Bank$ Fall Ball on September 7 at the Bailey Theatre: Sponsorship request letters have been distributed to many businesses in the community and we anticipate good support for this special event; 2 drag queens from Edmonton will be special guests along with hostess, Robyn Bank$; costume contest; posters and advertising will be ready for the beginning of August; a big thank you to Zach for all his work on this event!

 

  • Collaborative Community events: Lots of ideas shared including doing some impromptu get-togethers like hikes and movie nights to focus on building our community; Jen will be sending out an email notice about contact information for this initiative

 

  • Family Dance: Action item: Carol to investigate potential venues for a Halloween Family Dance on Friday, October 26; discussion about admission and agreed on $10 per person or $20 per family

 

  • Educational initiatives: Action item: The Leadership Team has been investigating possible educational events; submit your suggestions

 

  • Grant applications: Camrose Police Association Grant is available for application; Action item: Wayne and Carol will be making contact with the Kodiaks to explore a collaborative event to promote everyone’s right to play and be treated with respect; possibility of using this project as part of our application for funding from the Camrose Police Association

 

  • Fundraising ideas: Share your suggestions with the Leadership Team; we need to start generating some finances in order to carry out our mission

 

  • Future espressOUT meetings: will be looking at the dates for the Human Library at Augustana and considering where it is best to hold our espressOUT meetings after the start-up of university; desire to include a variety of locations
  1. Other ideas? Share your ideas with anyone on the Leadership Team, Wayne, Gus, Carol or Margaret. We have a new email address: camrosepridecommunity@gmail.com

5. Next meeting: espressOUT at Rebel Ink on Monday, July 16 5:30-7:00 pm Zach will be hosting this gathering.

 

Meeting Notes from May 7, 2018

Meeting at 6:00 p.m. at 4830-48 Street (House of Hair Design)

on May 7, 2018

14 people were in attendance

Action items are in purple.

  1. Connecting and Sharing
    • Carol shared some resources from Mental Health Awareness Week about using nature to assist with mental health.
  2. Discussion about practices regarding privacy and photography
    • We will attempt to be very conscious of people’s privacy and will not take photos or post photos without verbal or written consent. We will avoid taking and posting photos of minors without parental consent.
  3. Planning for upcoming events
    • Community BBQ on June 24, 2018 at House of Hair Design from 1-4 p.m.
      • Carol, Wayne and Amielle will be the planning committee for this event.
      • Posters will be printed and distributed by CDSS with the assistance of Centra Cam; Shea offered to hang posters in other communities when emailed the poster
      • It was suggested that we include sidewalk chalk, lawn games and music as part of the activities for the afternoon.
    • Big Valley Jamboree Parade on August 2, 2018
      • Gus is consulting with Carl on the design for the float.
      • TNeal and Shea are preparing the truck and trailer.
      • Theia will be connecting with the Family School Liaison workers to see if some of them can assist in preparations for the float during the first week of July. Others are welcome to assist with this as well.
      • Carol has assurances from a community member who is willing to provide garage space for the decorating and storing of the float prior to the parade.
    • Community Registration Night on September 6
      • Margaret will register Camrose Pride Community for a table at Community Registration Night on September 6.
      • Jen, TNeal and Shea are willing to provide information at the table; Amielle will help if she is available.
    • Locations for espressOUT throughout the summer and in the fall
      • Good Goat Books and Games has generously offered to host espressOUT in their newly opened business even though they are not open on Mondays.
      • Each month at our Monthly meeting (the 1st Monday of the month), we will determine where to hold espressOUT for that month (on the 3rd Monday of the month).
    • Events for September to December
      • Discussion about partnering with the Augustana Pride Committee and Augustana Queers and Allies to hold a Family Dress Up Dance in October- Wayne and Carol will explore this.
      • Discussion about having a campfire and wiener roast at the end of August or beginning of September-Amielle, Carol and Wayne will explore the possibilities.
      • Mention of continuing our Holiday Potluck for our monthly meeting on December 3, 2018.
      • Brief mention of planning some educational events in the fall as well e.g. safe spaces sensitivity workshop for businesses and service providers.
    • Discuss invitations to participate in Taber Pride Festival on June 2 and Camrose Arts & Recreation in the Park on June 23
      • Unfortunately, no one from Camrose Pride Community if available to participate in the Taber Pride Festival; discussion about sending some information to the organizers that could be shared; Wayne and Carol will respond to the request from Taber.
      • The group was in favour of Camrose Pride Community hosting a community drum circle as part of the Arts and Recreation in the Park event on June 23; Carol will make arrangements to facilitate this on behalf of the group; information can be available to the public about Camrose Pride Community and about our community barbeque the next day.
  • Planning for Becoming a Not for Profit Organization
    • The Leadership Team is preparing the documents for Camrose Pride Community to become a Not for Profit Organization.
    • The hope is that with this status, Camrose Pride can apply for grant funding.
  • Collaboration with Augustana
    • Wayne and Carol are Camrose Pride Community representatives on a newly formed Pride Committee at Augustana

5. Announcements: information of interest to the group

    • Chevi Rabbitt is speaking at Camrose United Church on Tuesday, May 22 @ 7:00 p.m. ; everyone is welcome to attend
    • Blanket Exercise with Roy and Judy Louis on June 5 @ 10:30 a.m. @ Camrose Public Library
      • Please note that this has had to be postponed until September 28 (Orange Shirt Day).
    • Ecole Camrose Composite High School GSA is hosting Pride Week activities at the school during the lunch time break from Monday, May 14-Thursday, May 17. Some Camrose Pride Community members were interested in supporting these initiatives.

6. Upcoming meetings

    • espressOUT on May 21: Meeting at House of Hair Design 5:30-7:00 p.m.
    • June 4 regular monthly meeting at House of Hair Design 6:00-8:00 p.m.
    • Family and Friends meeting: this group meets at the Camrose Public Library; a meeting date was not available at this time

 

April 9, 2018 Meeting Notes

Camrose Pride Community April 9, 2018 Meeting

Meeting Notes

Gus chaired the meeting, 14 people in attendance

Action items in Purple

  1. Connecting and Sharing: Happy to have 5 new people in attendance
  2. Discussion about regular meeting location
    • Decision of the group to move our regular meeting location to 4830-48 Street (House of Hair Design) effective for May 7 meeting
    • Appreciation expressed to Camrose United Church for the free use of space for meeting and storage of supplies
  3. Discussion about espressOUT meeting locations for the spring and summer months
    • April 16, 2018 5:30-7:00 p.m. last meeting of the term at the Augustana Forum
    • May 21, 2018 5:30-7:00 meet in Gus’ backyard (Personal message for address)
    • June 18, 2018 5:30-7:00 meet at the Alice Hotel Restaurant
    • Other locations to be determined at future meetings
  4. Discussion about recruiting new members
    • Discussion about how to be more visible and attract new members to our group
      • Possible Stakeholders meeting to be held in the future
      • Join the Chamber of Commerce for networking possibilities: Carol check on membership fees
      • Posting of posters and handbills in Camrose and other rural communities surrounding Camrose
  5. Planning for Upcoming Events
    1. Blast off to Summer BBQ – Sunday, June 24, 2018
      1. BBQ in the backyard of House of Hair Design (4830-48 Street) 1:00-4:00 p.m.
        • Opportunity to advertise our new meeting location
        • Lots of space for sidewalk chalk drawing and bubbles
        • Support with the BBQ has already been offered from Rebecca: Carol to confirm
        • Carol to check on any permits or inspections needed
    2. Big Valley Jamboree Parade- August 2
      • TNeal has the truck and flatbed trailer ready to be decorated
      • Discussed extending the offer to others in the area to join our float: Jen to post on Facebook
      • Confirm if Robyn Bank$ is interested in participating with the float again this year
    3. Participation in other parades?
      • No decision about entering our float in other parades at this time
      • altView has extended an invitation to Camrose Pride Community members to join them in the Edmonton Pride Parade on June 9, 2018
  6. Brainstorming for future events
    1. Camrose Pride Community is welcome to have a display in the foyer of Camrose United Church during Jaywalkers Jamboree. (The church is open for people who need water or to use the washroom.)
    2. Community Registration Night in September
    3. Fall Family Dance with possibly a Halloween theme
  7.  Other
    1. Updates from altView
      • T-shirts will be ordered again shortly (blue is the colour for this year)
        • Let Jen know if you want to buy a shirt with the Camrose Pride Community logo on it.
        • We will increase our t-shirt order from 25 to around 30
      • Mike is supporting the startup of a Community GSA in Wetaskiwin
      • Jen will be transcribing the notes from the Status of Queer Conference in October 2017
    2. Family and Friends Support Group have determined they will be meeting on the fourth Monday of the month at Camrose Public Library 7:00-9:00 p.m. Next meeting is on Monday, April 23 at 7:00 p.m.
    3. Camrose United Church Indigenous Book Club has invited Chevi Rabbitt to speak at their meeting on May 23. This is open to the public. More details to follow.

 

November 6, 2017 Meeting Notes

 

7 present; Gus chaired the meeting.

Action items are in purple

  1. Sharing and Connection à wonderful time of sharing what is going on in our lives
  2. Review of most recent events
    1. Status of Queer Conference: Good responses anecdotally from participants; more conferences are being planned (see 5 e and f)
    2. All Ages Dance Party:125-150 in attendance; lots of families and children in attendance
    3. espressOUT in the Augustana Forum: continues to be a good place to host espressOUT
  3. Financial statement: will be updated when the bills for the Dance Party are paid; a small grant will be received from CDSS for the upcoming year; CDSS is willing to continue being the banker
  4. Upcoming Events
    1. Expressions of Community on November 27 @ 6:30-9:30
      1. Preregistration required – 11 confirmed; Jen will contact the facilitator with the preregistration numbers
    2. Family and Friends Support Group: local support groups will be listed on the new parent support website that altView is launching soon (see 5d)
    3. espressOUT in the Augustana Forum Nov. 20 5:00 – 6:30 pm
    4. Holiday Potluck and Family Dance Party Dec. 4 @ 6:00 pm
      1. Invite family and friends – spread the word!
      2. Planning
        1. Potluck helpers-Liz will be the kitchen supervisor
        2. Program helpers-Box game: Gus
        3. Decorations-Keep it simple; tablecloths; twinkle lights: Margaret and Carol will be responsible; borrow small tree and lights from Carl
        4. Music for Dance Party-Gus and Jordan will work on a playlist
  5. Other items for discussion
    1. Pride Week at Augustana and in the Community
      1. Who is willing to work on planning committee for this? Wayne
      2. There is an LGBTQ+ Council has been formed to plan Pride Week; they will be meeting in December
      3. Pride Week will be held from February 26 to March 2; the Bailey Theatre has been booked for March 2 for So You Think You Can Drag
    2. Pursuing Not for Profit Status-Use the template from the Corporate Registry; Margaret will get the paperwork collected; we will start simply and then modify and revise from there
    3. Other items from the group
  • altView will be launching a new website to support parents in supporting their LGBTQ+ children; this has transpired out of their work with the Government on Bill 24! Way to go altView!
  • altView is planning another conference in May in Edmonton with ISMSS and the Government of Alberta focused upon supporting parents
  • The next Status of Queer Conference will be held somewhere in rural Alberta in the third week of September 2018; location to be determined
  • Jen has been working on the resources section on the website and has the links working; test out the links and report any problems with links
  • The Google Calendar will be uploaded to the website.
  • Thank you notes for those who helped with the All Ages Dance Party will be sent shortly; Carol will write them and Jen will deliver them
  • There is a new doctor in town at the Smith Clinic who is accepting new patients of all ages and sexual orientations! Dr. Charley Boyd is now practicing medicine in Camrose!

November 6, 2017 Meeting Agenda

6:00-8:00 pm. Camrose United Church Parlour

  1. Sharing and Connection
  2. Review of most recent events
    • Status of Queer Conference
    • All Ages Dance Party
    • espressOUT in the Augustana Forum
  3. Financial statement
  4. Upcoming Events
    1. Expressions of Community on November 27 @ 6:30-9:30
      • Preregistration required – how are the numbers?
    2. espressOUT in the Augustana Forum Nov. 20 5:00 – 6:30 pm
    3. Holiday Potluck and Family Dance Party Dec. 4 @ 6:00 pm
      • Invite family and friends – spread the word!
      • Planning
        • Potluck helpers
        • Program helpers
        • Decorations
        • Music for Dance Party
  5. Other items for discussion
    1. Pursuing Not for Profit Status
    2. Pride Week at Augustana and in the Community-Collaboration with AQUA
      • Who would like to work on this planning committee?
    3. Other items from the group

October 2, 2017 Meeting Notes

10 members attended

We met in the Augustana Forum after the Human Library presentation

Chaired by Gus and Wayne; Meeting notes by Carol

  1. Sharing and Connecting

2. Upcoming events

  1. October 4, 2017 2:00-3:30 p.m. Michael Phair presentation for Health Care workers and others concerned about LGBTQS2+ Seniors at the Rosehaven Auditorium
    • Co-sponsored by the Camrose Seniors’ Coalition and Camrose Pride Community
    • Preregister with Margaret at 780-672-0141
  2. Status of Queer Conference: October 14, 2017 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Augustana
    • Register at www.statusofqueer.ca
    • Registration is $30 and includes 3 meals
    • Set up volunteers needed to meet at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday to help
    • Take down volunteers needed at 5:30 p.m. on Saturday after conference
  3. All Ages Dance Party: October 14, 2017 Doors at 7:00 p.m. at the Bailey Theatre
    • $5 per person or $10 per family Cash at the door
    • Volunteers needed
  4. espressOUT on October 16, 2017  5:00-6:30 p.m. in the Augustana Forum

3. Planning for Future Events

  1. Expressions of Community
    • November 27, 2017 6:30-9:30 p.m. at Camrose United Church
    • Preregistration required to determine numbers by November 6
    • Free expressive arts workshop
    • Send suggestions for the workshop
  2. Holiday Potluck Social on December 4, 2017 at Camrose United Church
    • Committee needed for planning
  3. Pride Week Dates to be determined
    • Committee needed for planning

4. Other items from the group

  • Invitation from the Camrose Chamber of Commerce to Camrose Pride Community to become members
  • Discussion about how to make that work and advantages of accepting this invitation

5. Next regular connection and planning meeting on Monday, November 6 at Camrose United Church 6:00-8:00 p.m.

September 4, 2017 Meeting Notes

Present: 5 present

Chaired by Wayne Wilson

Action items are in purple

  1. Sharing and Connection
  2. Upcoming events in September
  • September 6 > 10:00 -2:00 p.m. Wellness Fair at Augustana –>Carol and Shae will be at the display
  • September 7 >6:30 p.m. at the Community Centre Community Registration Night –> Jen, Amielle and TNeal will be at this event
  • September 11 >7:00  Family and Friends Support Group starting up again on the second Mondays of the month
  • September 18 >5:00-6:30 p.m. espressOUT on first Mondays of the month
    • Change to the Forum at Augustana for September 18
    • Review at the next meeting
    • Jen will add a map and location to the espressOUT posting
  1. Upcoming events in October
  • October 2 > 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. Regular Meeting
  • October 4 >Michael Pfair private luncheon followed by presentation at Rosehaven Auditorium 2:00-3:30 p.m. See poster for details.
  • Jen will send out email to any seniors on the mailing list
  • Wayne will check catering with Rebecca
  • Jen will check on availability for use of the parlour for 12-1:30
  • Take the Michael Pfair poster to the SOS office/booth at Community Registration Night
  • Distribute the posters with senior’s groups
  • October 9 >7:00 Family and Friends Support Group
  • October 14 > Status of Queer Provincial Conference on the  Augustana Campus in the Wahkohtowin Lodge
  • Welcome reception on Friday night –> Details to be worked out
  • October 14 > evening  All Ages Dance Party at the Bailey Theatre –> committee needed –> a request will be posted on Facebook and people will be requested to volunteer and meet at espressOUT
  • October 15 –> Sunday activities being worked out regarding Multi-faith event
  • October 16 > 5:00 – 6:30 p.m. espressOUT at the Forum at Augustana
  1. Upcoming events in November and December
  • Discuss the details for the following special events
    • November 27 at 6:30 – 9:00 at Camrose United Church Expressive Arts Session with Diane McLaren –> Diane came and shared about the opportunity for 2 sessions for Camrose Pride Community and Augustana students
    • Preregistration needed by November 13 so materials can be purchased
    • Jen will confirm the use of the space
    • Use of a variety of arts expressions –> movement, music, creative expression, variety of media
    • Do not have to be an artist to participate
    • Could consider opening up the group to friends and family
    • As a group we need to let Diane know what topic we want to explore
    • 3 hour session 6:30-9:30 p.m.
    • Camrose Pride Community is responsible to book the space and advertise the session
    • Ask group about theme ideas at the next regular meeting
      • Winter Potluck Social on December 4 –> committee needed to help with planning
      • Invite other community groups to join us including the Filipino community
  1. Looking Ahead: Discussion and planning for events in the new year (tabled for future meetings)
  • Pride Week
  • So You Think You Can Drag
  • Pride Float planning
  • Community event planning (BBQ, Jaywalkers)
  1. Other items
  • Discuss use of Gender and Sexual Diverse instead of LGBTQS2+ at future meeting
  • T-shirt order will be sent in shortly: Jen will notify through email and Facebook posts

Meeting adjourned at 7:34 p.m.

 

 

August 7, 2017 Meeting Notes

Camrose Pride Community Meeting

August 7, 2017

Chaired by Gus Belcourt

9 members present

Meeting notes recorded by Carol Breitkreutz

  1. Introductions and Sharing about what’s happening in our lives
  • Marissa (from the Peter Lougheed Leadership Institute)shared that she is preparing an education module for Health Care workers at Bethany about LGBTQ Seniors on August 24 and 25.
  • A poster will be added to the website for information.

2. Celebration and review of Big Valley Jamboree Parade Participation

  • Thank yous: TNeal for the trailer, Carl and Gus for design, to everyone who helped with the construction and parade; to all who joined us on our float
  • Celebrations: We won first prize for Community Entry!! – very positive response from the crowd; we were as inclusive as we could possibly be (babies, children, parents, seniors, families, politicians (MLAs), community members, business reps (Starbucks), drag queen
  • Learnings: have specific grab bags with candy and flyers, ration the distribution of give aways to last for the whole parade, make more buttons
  • Future plans: Should we take our float to other parades next year? We may need a Parade committee for next year to investigate the possibilities.
  1. Planning for upcoming events
  • Summer Campfire Event at the Ferintosh Manor Bed and Breakfast à Friday, August 25 at 7:00 p.m. Bring chairs. Other details will be posted.
  • Wellness Fair at the Augustana Campus of the University of Alberta on September 6 (10-2) Sammy, Carol, Jen and Shae
  • Community Registration Night on September 7: 6:30-9:00 pm TNeal, Jen, Amielle
  • Michael Phair Seniors’ Event on October 4
  • Expressive Arts Sessions with AQUA times to be determined
  • Action for Potential Collaborations:  Will book a meeting with ED of Student Life to meet with Val, Sammy, Wayne, Gus and Carol to discuss LGBTQ supports on campus and in community
  • Action: Winter Celebration Potluck: Jonathan in charge of music, invite the Filipino community and others
  1. Report from altView about exciting upcoming initiatives
  • October 14 Building Capacity in Rural Communities for Diversity and Inclusion
    • An Augustana venue has been booked
    • Action: A meeting with Michael, Bryan and Wayne, Gus, Jen will be arranged
  1. Other items from the group:
  • Latest edition of Anarqueers Volume 3 is out; Jen is helping with circulation
  • Donation cheque gratefully received from AQUA for Camrose Pride Community
  • Presented a good bye/good luck card to Dusty as he leaves for Red Deer College

6. espressOUT on August 21 at the Alice Hotel Restaurant 5:00 – 6:30 p.m.

  1. Next Regular Group Meeting on September 4 at 6:00 p.m.
  • Family and Friends Support Group will resume on September 11, 2017

Adjournment at 7:20 p.m.

July 3, 2017 Meeting Notes

Meeting Notes for July 3, 2017

Chaired by Gus Belcourt, Regrets: Wayne Wilson, Meeting notes recorded by Carol Breitkreutz

Present: 7 members

 

Item Discussion Notes Action
Introductions and Sharing about what’s happening in our lives

 

Celebration and review of Community BBQ event on June 24

 

Over 100 in attendance

The donations have not yet been tabulated.

Happy to have Bruce Hinkley, MLA and Bill Sears, City Councilor, in attendance at our BBQ again this year!

Great to visit with all the people who came to the BBQ; freedom to visit because Rebecca and her family were taking care of the food; such a great help!

Thank you also to all who helped in big ways and small for the event!

Made some good connections with some other groups in Camrose

Carol will send thank you cards to Home Hardware, Rebecca’s Bistro and Sweet Treats, Camrose Public Library and Camrose Business Directory

 

Planning for Upcoming Events

 

Big Valley Jamboree Parade Entry

 

Everyone is invited to a Potluck gathering in Gus’ garden for a BBQ in the evening of August 3 after the parade at 6:30 p.m.; we will BBQ the burgers left over after the Community BBQ; everyone can contribute other items for the supper

Deadline for confirming participation in the parade will be July 17

Bruce Hinkley, MLA for this constituency, will be riding with us on the float (other MLAs as well).

Everyone must arrive by 8:30 a.m. at the parking lot of The Brick; judging is at 9:30 and the parade commences at 10:30 Rain or Shine

Give aways: handbills, buttons, pride flags; there might be an opportunity to make more buttons before the parade

 

Contribute to potluck on August 3 (burgers will be provided)

Jen will send out an email to confirm people’s participation in the parade because we must communicate our numbers to the organizers.

Invite others to walk with us in the parade and let Jen know.

Carol will find out the dimensions of the trailer and communicate this to Carl who is planning decorations

If anyone is able to help decorate the float, meet at 6:30 p.m. at the Auto Shoppe on Wednesday, August 2 where we will be decorating the float

The Auto Shoppe is at 4709 – 36 Street.

Bring rainbow umbrellas if possible; wear bright colours; Camrose Pride Community shirts or the shirt of their organization

Jen will bring the water bottles left over from the BBQ for the participants on the float

Ehren and TNeal are working on the music (1 hour looped) for the float

Summer Campfire Event at the Ferintosh Manor Bed and Breakfast Bryan will determine a date for the latter part of August.
Other events coming up in the Fall

 

Community Registration Night on September 7: Volunteers needed for Booth

 

Michael Pfair Seniors’ Event on October 4; publicity will be commencing

 

Expressive Arts Sessions with AQUA times to be determined

 

Potential Collaborations: There is potential with the Filipino Community who have been invited to walk with us in the parade.

 

Concerns about the support for AQUA on the Augustana Campus

Discussion about holding some Camrose Pride Community Meetings on the Augustana Campus

Consider an education pamphlet for use with the Augustana students

 

Amielle, Jen and TNeal will volunteer for Community Registration Night

 

 

 

 

 

 

The group is fine with the funders attending the Expressive Arts sessions; Carol will communicate this to the organizers

 

 

 

Camrose Pride Community Leadership Team would like to meet with the previous AQUA Leadership Team and the Augustana Student Life Executive Director; Carol will try to arrange this meeting for later in the summer before classes commence

 

Ask Bryan (through ISSMS) if there is some way to address the sports teams regarding inclusivity and respect

Report from altView about exciting upcoming initiatives Tabled
Other items from the group

 

The second issue of Anarqueers will be about Safe Spaces in Camrose and resources in Camrose

This second issue will be 25 pages long, an increase from 14 pages for the first edition; sales have been going well.

 

Anarqueers is available for purchase at Quantum Comics.
espressOUT

 

July 17 at Alice Hotel Restaurant 5:00-6:30 p.m.
Family and Friends Group This group is taking a break for the summer months and will resume in September
Next Meeting August 7 6:00-8:00 p.m. Camrose United Church in the Parlour