September 4, 2017 Meeting Notes

Present: 5 present

Chaired by Wayne Wilson

Action items are in purple

  1. Sharing and Connection
  2. Upcoming events in September
  • September 6 > 10:00 -2:00 p.m. Wellness Fair at Augustana –>Carol and Shae will be at the display
  • September 7 >6:30 p.m. at the Community Centre Community Registration Night –> Jen, Amielle and TNeal will be at this event
  • September 11 >7:00  Family and Friends Support Group starting up again on the second Mondays of the month
  • September 18 >5:00-6:30 p.m. espressOUT on first Mondays of the month
    • Change to the Forum at Augustana for September 18
    • Review at the next meeting
    • Jen will add a map and location to the espressOUT posting
  1. Upcoming events in October
  • October 2 > 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. Regular Meeting
  • October 4 >Michael Pfair private luncheon followed by presentation at Rosehaven Auditorium 2:00-3:30 p.m. See poster for details.
  • Jen will send out email to any seniors on the mailing list
  • Wayne will check catering with Rebecca
  • Jen will check on availability for use of the parlour for 12-1:30
  • Take the Michael Pfair poster to the SOS office/booth at Community Registration Night
  • Distribute the posters with senior’s groups
  • October 9 >7:00 Family and Friends Support Group
  • October 14 > Status of Queer Provincial Conference on the  Augustana Campus in the Wahkohtowin Lodge
  • Welcome reception on Friday night –> Details to be worked out
  • October 14 > evening  All Ages Dance Party at the Bailey Theatre –> committee needed –> a request will be posted on Facebook and people will be requested to volunteer and meet at espressOUT
  • October 15 –> Sunday activities being worked out regarding Multi-faith event
  • October 16 > 5:00 – 6:30 p.m. espressOUT at the Forum at Augustana
  1. Upcoming events in November and December
  • Discuss the details for the following special events
    • November 27 at 6:30 – 9:00 at Camrose United Church Expressive Arts Session with Diane McLaren –> Diane came and shared about the opportunity for 2 sessions for Camrose Pride Community and Augustana students
    • Preregistration needed by November 13 so materials can be purchased
    • Jen will confirm the use of the space
    • Use of a variety of arts expressions –> movement, music, creative expression, variety of media
    • Do not have to be an artist to participate
    • Could consider opening up the group to friends and family
    • As a group we need to let Diane know what topic we want to explore
    • 3 hour session 6:30-9:30 p.m.
    • Camrose Pride Community is responsible to book the space and advertise the session
    • Ask group about theme ideas at the next regular meeting
      • Winter Potluck Social on December 4 –> committee needed to help with planning
      • Invite other community groups to join us including the Filipino community
  1. Looking Ahead: Discussion and planning for events in the new year (tabled for future meetings)
  • Pride Week
  • So You Think You Can Drag
  • Pride Float planning
  • Community event planning (BBQ, Jaywalkers)
  1. Other items
  • Discuss use of Gender and Sexual Diverse instead of LGBTQS2+ at future meeting
  • T-shirt order will be sent in shortly: Jen will notify through email and Facebook posts

Meeting adjourned at 7:34 p.m.

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.