May 11, 2020 Regular

Date: Monday, May 11th, 2020    
Time: 6:30pm – 8:00pm    Place: Online
Attendance: 
Executive Leadership:
Lucas Hill – Secretary
Candy Morningway – Treasurer
Robyn Gray – Member-at-Large
Staff:
Nikki Meyer-Featherstone – AltView Liaison
Membership:
Dawn M
Regrets:
Gus Belcourt – Co-chair 1
Zach Stevens – Co-chair 2
Stephen McKenzie-Comeau – Member-at-Large

  1. CALL TO ORDER – Lucas Hill
    1. The meeting was called to order at 6:34pm on Monday, May 11th, 2020 by Lucas Hill.
  2. CHANGES TO/APPROVAL OF AGENDA 
    1. We will move forward with the agenda as is, to be approved when we reach quorum.
  1. FINANCIAL REPORT
    1. There are no changes to finances, except bank fees.
    2. Candy M. has sent RBC statement to secretary to be included with minutes.
  2. PANDEMIC CHECK-IN
    1. There have been a lot of changes during the COVID-19 response, but we are here to support each other.
    2. You can find free online support from the federal government at Wellness Together Canada: https://ca.portal.gs/ 
  1. ADJUSTING EVENTS DUE TO COVID-19
    1. June Pride Month
      1. Instead of our traditional BBQ, for Pride Month we will have a recurring online event titled Moments of Pride via Facebook on Friday evenings featuring videos from community members celebrating pride. People can send their videos to us via published YouTube link, or shareable from Google Drive links. The latest submission deadlines will be Sunday at noon of the week before. If the deadline is missed, it will be added to the next week. 
      2. CPC executive needs to have full admin capacity for the page, which Nikki will arrange. We will do preparatory work ahead of time. 
      3. Our CPC members will produce enough content that something occurs each week, in addition to general community members. We will all act as moderators.
      4. There will be no limits beyond what is allowed on Facebook. If needed, we can put content warnings or disclaimers if needed.
      5. Candy will share the basic FOIP form after editing to be agreed on by the participants when they sign up. 
      6. Moments of Pride Guidelines
        1. What is your story? What is pride to you? What influenced you? What created passion for you? How does your queerness show up in your life? 
        2. All types of expression of welcome! 
        3. Allys welcome to show their allyship!
        4. In supporting inclusivity, including sensory disabilities, Nikki will look into the possibility of auto-generated closed captioning on Facebook, which we will encourage people to use. In addition, to support screen reader use, submitters should include a short summary to describe content and contextualize intention.
        5. Participants should be cognizant of copyright. 
      7. Partnership possibilities:
        1. AltView will support us in any ways that they can.
        2. Wetaskawin Pride Community will be invited as well. Nikki will contact.
        3. Strathmore Pride Community will be invited as well. Nikki will contact. 
        4. Alberta Storytellers will be invited after we have the promotional material is ready. Nikki will share our promotions with Freya.
        5. If you know of further communities that would be a good connection, please do let them know.
        6. Lucas will contact the MHCW about possible inclusion with the QSAs/GSAs in the community. 
      8. Promotional Work:.
        1. Lucas will do a write up for May 15th that will be shared with CPC executive to be start promotion as soon as possible.
        2. Nikki will create a graphic for the promotion.
        3. Candy will share the FOIP form that will be included in promotion.  
        4. Social Media:
          1. Facebook
          2. Instagram
  2. REPORTS OF HOMOPHOBIA FROM LOCAL BUSINESS
    1. Nikki will follow up with Zach about potential future moves.
  3. CAPACITY GRANTS
    1. Candy has been working on the capacity grant (not a project based grant). The grant can focus on all stages of becoming and expanding capacity of an organization, including with boards, staff, and more. Candy has consulted a lot with Nikki. This grant is specifically for queer communities as well. 
    2. Candy has been looking at our Strategic Planning documents to contextualize the grant application. 
    3. The grant is due this week, which we could receive funding as early as October, 2020 to March, 2022.
    4. Candy has identified our events as community engagement as core capacity building, by learning what our community needs and how we can best support it. 
    5. Nikki has been identified as the Community Liaison Coordinator, as her contract with AltView is done June 15th. 
    6. We could have funding for events, Nikki’s continued work with CPC, training for board members, educating and sticker campaigns, and more! 
  4. GOOGLE FORMS FEEDBACK
    1. Lucas has created a Google Form that can be shared out with our General Membership for input into our Missions, Visions, Value Statements. It can be viewed and shared at:
      1. https://forms.gle/3nJMyEygBNJXcGew6 
      2. Lucas will complete with edits by June to be included with Pride Month events.
  5. UPCOMING REGULAR MEETINGS
    1. Regular Meeting for Planning and Connection
      1. Monday, June 8th, 2020 from 6:30pm to 8:00pm Online
    2. EspressOUT
      1. Monday, May 25th, 2020 from 5:30pm to 7:00pm Online
    3. Friends and Family Meeting
      1. Summer Break – Restarting in October
  1. SHARING CIRCLE
  2.  ADJOURNMENT
    1. The meeting was adjourned at 8:07pm.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.